I am passionate about the earth and the rights and protections to life for all her beings. My work actively seeks to protect remaining resources, ecosystems, and to continue to focus on sustainable practices that foster good stewardship of our planet. I engage this focus in many ways:
I have been combining my yoga and mindfulness work with helping folks get immersed in nature. I have made these short, nature based meditations that use physical landscapes to create metaphors for holistic healing. These are wonderful used in conjunction with the Ecoutearth work that is included below.
- Ecoutearth Facilitation: a practice of mindfulness, Ecopsychology, and Expressive Arts Therapy co-developed with Karina Colliat and Kayla Hochfelder. To learn more about click here: Ecoutearth.
- Please join us in honor of Earth Day’s 50th Anniversary, for
Ecoutearth: Connect Where You Are
We are welcoming you to join us for an embodied practice of Ecoutearth from right where you are. More than ever we need deep connection to ourselves, each other and nature. In this time of anxiety and uncertainty, we welcome you to come back into deep connection through a lovely afternoon of expertly facilitated connection.
Ecoutearth is a combined practice of mindfulness, Ecopsychology and Expressive Arts and is accessible for anyone, anywhere.
We invite you to a Zoom call where you will be introduced to the practice, and then have ample time for a deep drop-in to your own native environment: whether that be outside, or with a view of the out of doors. In Ecoutearth, we listen through our senses, and form a reciprocal relationship with the larger body of earth through the arts in the form of an aesthetic response. This is different from a traditional work of art: it is an offering, not a product. No artist experience is required for this use of the arts as a sacred offering– a sound, a movement, a few words, a breath. All these are offerings and ways to give back to the earth, in gratitude, in play, in reverence, in sacred relationship.
Please join us for this soul nourishing time to connect with each other and the world through mindfulness and the arts. Feel free to share this invitation with others, and pass on the zoom link. We are offering this workshop as our offering, but will also happily receive any donations via Paypal or Venmo.
Join Zoom Meeting:
Time: Apr 25, 2020 02:00 PM Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Meeting ID: 338 073 867
Ecoutearth 6th Sense Meditation: https://soundcloud.com/user827190768/ecoutearth-6th-sense
- If you are interested in learning more please visit https://ecoutearth.weebly.com/
- or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Environmental Projects and Involvement:
- San Juan Island Youth Conservation Boards: Nikyta is an active board member of both Lopez Island Youth Conservation Corps (formerly LICC) and San Juan Island Youth Conservation Corp formerly under the Madrona Institute, and now under San Juan Island Conservation District.
- Board Member of Madrona Institute whose mission is to encourage community dialogue and leadership on climate issues, and to engage current and future generations in the conservation and stewardship of our local ecosystem Madrona Institute.
- In 2008, Nikyta collaborated with Critical Beats and the Tropical Forest Group at the United Nations Climate Change Convention and created a body of work photographing 115 people’s hands capturing what they were doing to save the rainforests in their native languages and hand writing. See the photos here: Rainforest H&nds